Respite Worker, Caregiver or Home Care Aide Job Openings
To Apply fill out an application at Caregiver Application
Desire Home Care is the premier provider on non-medical home care services to seniors and individuals with disability or chronic illness.
We are leading equal opportunity employer of experienced and dedicated caregiver in Riverside, Orange, San Bernandino and Los Angeles.
Several job openings in Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange and Los Angeles counties for compassionate caregivers who are passionate about caring for the elderly or individuals with disabilities in their home. At Desire Home Care we have a culture of compassion and commitment for assisting seniors and individuals with disabilities remain as independent as possible in their homes for as long as feasible, of data-based decision making, of rigor in our delivery of the non-clinical management services, of very high standards of customer service and consumer satisfaction, and of steadfast commitment to high levels of staff training and support.
The caregiver will be responsible for the day-to-day caring of Desire Home Care clients.
Caregivers, work directly with Case Manager to ensure that Desire Home Care is achieving its client care goals.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, and ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities reflect the essential functions for this job, but do not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The Supervisor or Case Manager/Consumer Care Coordinator may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or for other reasons.
• Provide personal & Hygiene Care
• Assist with Activities of daily Living
• Uses equipment and supplies safely
• Provide in range of motion and other procedures as instructed by any professional therapist or nurse
• Report any changes in consumer’s condition to the Supervisor
• Document care provided consistent with agency requirements
• Performs other duties as requested
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to communicate with consumer and to remain calm under stress
• Ability to read and write in English
• Ability to safely drive a car, if applicable
• Must be a currently Certified or Nursing Assistant Registered in the State of California, or pass the agency requirements for a personal care worker
• Ability to follow oral and written directions
• Have a valid driver’s license or have access to public transportation
• Have current automobile insurance
• Have a clean driving record if applicable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Physical ability to lift and transfer consumer
- Understand and respond to a diverse population
- Stand, walk and assist others to walk, turn and sit
- Required to talk and hear
- Required to communicate electronically
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
CNA or HHA Preferred none required