Quality Assurance Specialist
Desire Home Care, DHC, is a leading provider of home care and Home Health for the elderly and people with disabilities including people with special needs. Home care services are Skilled and Non-Skilled.
Consumer Care Specialist- Quality Assurance Job Description
The Consumer Care Specialist- Quality Assurance Lead is primarily responsible for consistently ensuring payer, consumer and caregiver satisfaction. The QA lead will use sound data driven methodology to show trends, and trouble areas, and create report based on those trends and recommend corrective actions to Executive Administrators.
As part of Consumer Care Specialist team the QA Lead is expected to be a team player, and to help coordinate care. They will work with a team of care professionals to ensure that a consumer/patient has a caregiver (Skilled Caregiver and unskilled Caregiver) that meets their needs whenever, wherever and however.
The QA Lead will assist the Executive Administrator in management tasks oversight in on all business processes such as, recruitment, business development, digital marketing, scheduling, and in the formulation of general program policies to improve quality of care, and consumer and employee satisfaction by providing background information and interpreting the implications for the agency. This person will report to the Administrators.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, And ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Help create, maintain, update policy and procedures
• Send, update and maintain Survey, and collate them
• Create reports and presentation showing tends, trouble spots and recommended actions for weekly meetings
• Monitor business processes for recruiting, intake, authorization management, Consumer satisfaction, Caregiver Satisfaction, Payer Satisfaction,
• Develop relationships with Case managers, Skill Nursing Facilities and Alternative living facilities.
• On a weekly basis review authorization report to determine risk for overage and underutilization. Especially overage. Overages are not acceptable.
• Monitor intake and referrals to ensure that referrals are contacted within 48 hours and that intake process is completed with an average of two weeks.
• Ensure that referrals are been contacted in a timely manner.
• Make unannounced visit to supervise care at consumer’s/ patient’s homes
• Ensure 99.5% consumer/ patient satisfaction
• Monitoring care (Weekends on Call)
• Other Consumer Care Coordination and Management Task
• MS Word and Excel
• Some College